Skip to main content

VIEWING THEM THE WAY GOD VIEWS ME...

WHAT A  GREAT CALLING..

Lately been thinking through my greatest calling, Parenting and decided to ponder pretty much and yes i want to ponder right there. 
 Outside my house i am an excellent Director, public speaker,couch and a consultant in many things, inside my house when i assume my role as a mother and wife these roles have a way of making me feel horrible and bringing the worst out of me. well i guess this is where the rubber meets the road. 
I see little children born sinners, without being taught how to do bad they assumed the role very early. ideally i am supposed to respond to their disobedience, rebellion and immaturity. How?
That is where i need God to help me in, i easily react not respond to them. 
how do i separate their behavior from their hearts? I love their hearts but not their behavior, oh that i would learn separating the bad behavior and deal with this heart that i love. 
Simply i need a box to see the behavior and throw it in there for correction or punishment then continue dealing with the child...

Perfect picture of GOD and ME. He sees me in light of Christ atonement and forgiveness, through the filter of Grace and Mercy.  He disciplines me for my behavior but doesn't define me by my sin. 
Separating my kids sinful behavior from who they are provides an opportunity to love them as God loves them. It allows me to love them for who they are not what they do, it enables me to discipline them from a place of love not hurt, and bitterness and retaliation.  
I dont have to proof my love for God , i also dont have to imagine he is closer to me by some act of goodness or distant because of my inconsistent behavior.  i dont have to strive on sinning less to be acceptable. Because i sin i dont withdraw from God, as self punishment,or that he withdraws from,  until i get serious enough to do something about my sin. He died for my sin . Nothing i do changes who i am before God. 
What does my sin do to the promise of God that he will never leave me nor forsake me? 
When i believe that that there is something i can do to affect my position with God i have lost it. 
 Jesus at the cross is the solution to my sin. its here the power of sins shame is broken , its this shame that always try to convince us that we must start over again. Getting right with him again,, We were made right with God. No matter how many strategies i lay and hate sin by myself i can do nothing about it. Because of of his grace my relationship is not at risk, i may feel sad and withdrawn from him in my struggle with sin but he is with me.  
This makes me walk in the light as i trust Christ finished work, My relationship is not defined my my sin or my righteousness but by his love. yes not that our sin doesn't hurt us or that we are immune from the consequences or effects of sin instead it gives me a way of seeing myself when i sin and protects me from continuing to sin. 
bringing into light that which i hide and trusting God to deal with it. 

Then how do i relate with my kids using this model? How do i set an atmosphere of Grace in my house. 

I sometimes see myself struggling between two ways .the Legalistic where i set rules standards and laws mostly motivated by my lack of acceptance of salvation as a gift not a debt that needs to be paid back. This then creates an atmosphere that dictates behavior modification and sin management to earn favor. 
Or even sometimes license where there is negligence of rules and law motivated by my acceptance of salvation as progress to holiness. this creates an environment that ignores the implication that God s commands have on their behavior. 

Creating an environment that kids know their identity as loved members and children of God no matter what behavior they put up. 
That the one i can have a box throw in and deal with sin as it is ,,, but relate with this heart. In this environment rules, boundaries and standards exist, consequences for choices and behavior  are not ignored  but they feel sure that my love and grace for them will remain steady. 

Its allowing uncomfortable consequences to shape our kids character and teach them to live by Gods standards .

This sometimes means squashing their small bratty behaviors so they dont grow with them. 

I have led my two kids into a prayer inviting Jesus into their lives after a conviction as we interacted with Gods word and so i have two disciples in my house that i am responsible over. I want to be involved in their lives , i want to point them to Christ in dealing with life. I want them to have an identity in Christ and that the identity would be around Gods character and not me and my ways... i pause for now ,, Praying so help me God. 

 True face & Grace based discipline.. 

BERNICE 



ROY 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is with you Behind the boat? When its mid life is it Crisis time?

Does life really begin at 40?   If So, what does one do in  their first 39 years?  Are they just rehearsing?  What about the midlife crisis?  Does it exist, and if it does, is it only for women, just men, and at what exact age does it happen? Now that it is only a few days before I turn 40 years old, join me as I reflect more on it. Elliott Jacques, who introduced the term mid-life crisis, defines it as to " pause from actively pursuing one's goals and review their achievements, take stock of what they have and have not yet accomplished, at times taking drastic measures to fulfill their dreams." He further argues that critical phases characterize the change of point periods of rapid transitions in individuals' development. What is wrong with pausing, I wonder? My Crisis: behind the boat with storms.  At around 35years, a transition begins to happen to individuals termed as a midlife crisis. He admits that the time will vary, though, among individuals. The cris

How God Rescued Me: I am surely on Assignment By and With Him.

Blogged 10 years ago!! New pics just!! 12 YEARS AGO NOW SINCE GOD SAVED ME FROM A FATAL ACCIDENT. WATCHED 13 PERISH AS I GOT RESCUED.  I will not forget the faithfulness of the Lord. I will narrate this to generations and generations, and I will praise Him for He is mighty to save. Why do I say that? It's now 12 years this month since this happened. I traveled from Uganda, where I lived, to Kenya to visit my parents and I had a safe trip, and we had a 4 days reunion with my family. I was ready to return back to my husband.  On my way, as always, I visited a couple friends (The Kushites) who, after a long chat, prayed for my trip.   After entering a Taxi/ Matatu (public transportation) 14 Sitter, I found myself interceding and pleading for safety in prayer to God.  There was only one seat left behind, and since I was in a hurry, I agreed to sit behind with two old men. I started looking for a safety belt and was convinced I needed to tighten one. (Mind you, this wasn't a norm th

LOVE IMMIGRANTS -CROSS-CULTURAL MARRIAGE.

“Am not Right; you are not wrong” we are just different. “Will you marry me?” after prayer and thoughts, my answer is Yes. While we are in Norway, Africa is just ‘one country,’ and Uganda and Kenya are ‘neighboring districts.’ As we leave Europe, we are sure we want to try this, and our song is “No mountain is too high, no valley too low.” On reaching Kenya, Africa's reality as a continent meets me, and Uganda as a neighboring country mile apart hits me. Anyway, we had promised each other that if love can stand the distance, we will go for it. Long-distance Dating I receive a phone call +256, and it's my Boyfriend but guess what, as soon as we talk for a few minutes, it's off. Ohhh, we are calling across networks in different countries; it’s an international call! Oops. Well, MTN had an offer of 99%, but you could only get it at that price from 2.00-4.00 am. So, change of sleeping system everyday date with my Ugandan boyfriend 3.00-4.30 am. We must go to work b