Memories are made in my heart as i think through 10 years ago. It starts before then, growing up in a single mum family made me think i did not need a man , but my mum never painted a negative image of men and am so thankful to God about that. As a teenager i always thought it would be cool to have a great job 1 kid and drive a nice car and that was it. Thankfully i met the Lord and then i became too radical and thought there was no brother who would like to marry a Jesus die hard girl. And i was ok with staying single yeahh ,,,
Well i am glad that God thought differently and gifted me with marriage.
Both me and Robert were commissioned by Focus k and Focus U respectively as missionaries to Norway and that is where we met. On first glimpse i saw a preacher who was very biblical but kind and loving. i had never met a caring loving and kind man like him. We became very good friends to a level that i didn't notice when he was interested in a further relationship.
Soon or later Him and I were sure we wanted to trust God and see if we can go into marriage.
We allowed each other to get to know as much as we could . Very aware that we were from different cultures was real and kept saying to each other only time will tell.....
After going back to our countries we kept on communicating in what is called a long distance relationship .. Let me spare details .. But am so blessed to be one married to man who is secure in God and pushes me to be my best in every way. I needed this now i know.
He is still kind caring and loving as i met him.. soo thankful to God.
On 6/12/2008 we got married and i immediately moved to Uganda after resigning from my well paying job why???
Because I thought it was easier to get a job again but if i lost my marriage at that early age i wouldn't get it again.
My marriage matters to God and to me and so i was willing to choose it over any other thing sure that God would bless me as i obeyed.
This meant a lot for me and my marriage. I was going to start a whole new life, new city new people new husband,, new house new banks, new everything ,, Uganda is not the same as Kenya.. as many think..so i went through baptism by fire but now when i look back i appreciate that move it was so led by God.
I am so glad i obeyed God and came to Uganda He indeed had a bigger plan for me that husband and babies.
Always count your costs as you make decisions on this areas. They affect generations.
Now i have learnt many things so many
1. Marriage does not solve your life issues Jesus does.. It actually exaggerates the life issues but you must know where to look to.
2. There is no small or big thing to be discussed. Talk through issues all the time...
3. If your husband is a good friend its safer....friendships lasts...
4. God comes first husband second ..
5. The enemy that fights marriage is real , i have always prayed for my marriage and for my husband ,, persistently and fervently. This is the way to win ..on your knees.
6. Never compare your spouse with anyone else..in every way.
HE IS DIFFERENT AND SPECIALLY DIFFERENT ...
7. GOD'S ORDER TO SUBMIT WHILE HE LOVES LIKE CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH. SUBMITTING TO CHRIST MAKES IT EASY TO SUBMIT TO EACH OTHER.. MAKING JESUS LORD OVER YOUR MARRIAGE.
9. Be each other cheer leaders no matter what ,,
READY TO START SECOND DIGITS ,,,
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH.