Skip to main content

RAINBOW BABIES

Its 9 years ago when after being married for 1 year i learnt that i was pregnant, perfect timing indeed and me and Robert celebrated that i was pregnant off course before the journey began of morning sickness and so forth and as soon as i was eight weeks we were talking with my husband how i need to travel to my homeland Kenya from Uganda for this reasons1. The tummy is not visible so it will be easier than when its all huge. 2. since when the baby comes i wont be able to easily travel this is the best time to travel. 3. I need to go and share the good news with mummy.yap So i set off for Nairobi on road and i slept all the way through and after arriving in Nairobi i took another three hours trip to my village Karurumo. I arrived home and šŸ˜my mum was so excited to meet me and then i told her i was 8 weeks pregnant, my mum exclaimed  Whaaaat... not in excitement or supposedly mixed feelings... Nb/My mum is a retired nurse/midwife. I then rested and asked if i could go check on my best childhood friend in the neighborhood , after which i experienced something strange, I had blood flow  in clots through my legs and on my pants. I run home and entered the shower and told my mum in the passing that i am bleeding. She got into panic because she knew what that meant. She immediately called a special taxi and asked me to enter we go to hospital, i was shocked because i was not feeling any pain and so i thought i was safe. As we drove to the hospital the driver asked who among us was sick since i was not feeling anything and my mum was silent. We reached the hospital and that was when i knew i was in danger, On reception i was carried on a stretcher and then to the doctor who helped me understand why my mum was so scared and not excited with the news that i was pregnant. He called it threatened abortion...The procedures were gross but the worst was that i was admitted and supposed to be on bed rest for 14 days, on the 10 th day they were supposed to do a scan and see if i needed to be flashed if the baby didn't survive . That was the first time i got so connected with my baby because i spend days praying for him, and hoping that he was alive i wept and was soo sad. I have also never felt as ignorant as i did that time why.. Friends that i called quarreled me wondering how i didn't know that it was so dangerous for me to take such a trip during the first trimester . They asked if in this digital era i had not checked on google and learnt that. who when excited googles dangers ,,,, of pregnancy?? Not me. They wondered how come i had never heard that its soo risky. Those sentiments made me so sad and really wondered how come i had never heard of that risk. my mother , my marriage matron , the church women all never mentioned that to me. At the same time i had so many ladies tell me how they have heard such expereinces and they lost their babies . Experiences from the friends varied from  " I went for an overnight and danced the whole night and i had a threatened abortion""I went hiking with my colleagues and i lost my baby"" I traveled upcountry and on arrival was blood" Etc.  This rainbow babies you never get to hear about them because there is no burial and usually its between very close friends . I agree some of them are not avoidable but i also think that lots of them if helped can be avoided. I recently met a friend who was 8 weeks pregnant and  on knowing she was pregnant had lined up all her work upcountry trips for the first trimester. Thank God i met her. so who is supposed to tell this girl who is excited about getting married and about getting pregnant? Maybe the older women indeed have to teach the younger ones ,, is that happening ? Because you might be too excited to google the dangers of first trimester let me put some here for you Girl.... Can you commit to share your stories with a younger girl... lets be a blessing and  not share with them when they have experienced it.  
The first trimester, or three months, of pregnancy, can present many risks to the developing fetus. Because organs, facial features, skeletal tissue and limbs are developing at this time, any negative affect on the fetus can result in serious birth defects. While most risks to the pregnancy can’t be changed, because they’re caused by genetic abnormalities or implantation problems, some risks to early pregnancy can be modified by lifestyle changes. I am so glad that after the 10 days the scan showed that the baby was there ,, ohh my i wept and was so excited that the baby was there. I off course  had  to take it very slow and rest a lot including having to travel after few weeks on flight and after then arrive in Uganda and rest rest rest.. 

This is the baby who survived..HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY...

thanks for reading


Gillian  Edube 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE IMMIGRANTS -CROSS-CULTURAL MARRIAGE.

“Am not Right; you are not wrong” we are just different. “Will you marry me?” after prayer and thoughts, my answer is Yes. While we are in Norway, Africa is just ‘one country,’ and Uganda and Kenya are ‘neighboring districts.’ As we leave Europe, we are sure we want to try this, and our song is “No mountain is too high, no valley too low.” On reaching Kenya, Africa's reality as a continent meets me, and Uganda as a neighboring country mile apart hits me. Anyway, we had promised each other that if love can stand the distance, we will go for it. Long-distance Dating I receive a phone call +256, and it's my Boyfriend but guess what, as soon as we talk for a few minutes, it's off. Ohhh, we are calling across networks in different countries; it’s an international call! Oops. Well, MTN had an offer of 99%, but you could only get it at that price from 2.00-4.00 am. So, change of sleeping system everyday date with my Ugandan boyfriend 3.00-4.30 am. We must go to work b

Who is with you Behind the boat? When its mid life is it Crisis time?

Does life really begin at 40?   If So, what does one do in  their first 39 years?  Are they just rehearsing?  What about the midlife crisis?  Does it exist, and if it does, is it only for women, just men, and at what exact age does it happen? Now that it is only a few days before I turn 40 years old, join me as I reflect more on it. Elliott Jacques, who introduced the term mid-life crisis, defines it as to " pause from actively pursuing one's goals and review their achievements, take stock of what they have and have not yet accomplished, at times taking drastic measures to fulfill their dreams." He further argues that critical phases characterize the change of point periods of rapid transitions in individuals' development. What is wrong with pausing, I wonder? My Crisis: behind the boat with storms.  At around 35years, a transition begins to happen to individuals termed as a midlife crisis. He admits that the time will vary, though, among individuals. The cris

How God Rescued Me: I am surely on Assignment By and With Him.

Blogged 10 years ago!! New pics just!! 12 YEARS AGO NOW SINCE GOD SAVED ME FROM A FATAL ACCIDENT. WATCHED 13 PERISH AS I GOT RESCUED.  I will not forget the faithfulness of the Lord. I will narrate this to generations and generations, and I will praise Him for He is mighty to save. Why do I say that? It's now 12 years this month since this happened. I traveled from Uganda, where I lived, to Kenya to visit my parents and I had a safe trip, and we had a 4 days reunion with my family. I was ready to return back to my husband.  On my way, as always, I visited a couple friends (The Kushites) who, after a long chat, prayed for my trip.   After entering a Taxi/ Matatu (public transportation) 14 Sitter, I found myself interceding and pleading for safety in prayer to God.  There was only one seat left behind, and since I was in a hurry, I agreed to sit behind with two old men. I started looking for a safety belt and was convinced I needed to tighten one. (Mind you, this wasn't a norm th