Skip to main content

How God Rescued Me: I am surely on Assignment By and With Him.

Blogged 10 years ago!! New pics just!!

12 YEARS AGO NOW SINCE GOD SAVED ME FROM A FATAL ACCIDENT. WATCHED 13 PERISH AS I GOT RESCUED. 

I will not forget the faithfulness of the Lord. I will narrate this to generations and generations, and I will praise Him for He is mighty to save.
Why do I say that?
It's now 12 years this month since this happened.
I traveled from Uganda, where I lived, to Kenya to visit my parents and I had a safe trip, and we had a 4 days reunion with my family. I was ready to return back to my husband.  On my way, as always, I visited a couple friends (The Kushites) who, after a long chat, prayed for my trip.  After entering a Taxi/ Matatu (public transportation) 14 Sitter, I found myself interceding and pleading for safety in prayer to God. 
There was only one seat left behind, and since I was in a hurry, I agreed to sit behind with two old men. I started looking for a safety belt and was convinced I needed to tighten one. (Mind you, this wasn't a norm then) They were all dirty, and I was sure I would not belt up. But my spirit insisted, and I buckled up, my neighbors. In amazement wondered why I did that, yet I was wearing a white trouser. When they asked me, I didn’t have a reason, so they both laughed.
 After 2 hours of travel, our driver, who was speeding, decided to overtake a truck; that was the last thing I saw. I remember feeling very scared. The next I knew is that we were spinning on the highway because we hit a track. We were consequently thrown around 15 meters away from the road into a bush, and a tree held the vehicle.
I lifted my voice and asked Jesus to save me, and I shouted words that I don’t remember, but one thing which stands out is that I know I called God and I needed help from Him. As I write, these tears roll my chicks…because I saw him come to my rescue. 
There was silence in the next few minutes, and I was the only one shouting at the top of my voice. As we landed on the trees, I could see heads chopped off and others flying over, and the Matatu was totally destroyed. No roof or anything.

MIRACLE
It left me sitting on my chair intact with lifted hands. Shockingly a piece of metal ran between my leg and my shoe and broke the shoe into two pieces, leaving no injury at all. 
In a moment, the accident site was filled with people who, of course, were keen on saving this shouting survivor. I removed my safety belt and stood up, and walked out.
My neighbors both dead and indeed, the entire taxi 13 people dead.
God did a perfect job that day of saving my life. He sent his angels to guard over me. They shielded me and protected me. Did  I deserve this ?????NO, 
My heart still goes out to the families of those who died. Yet, I cannot fail to acknowledge God in His might and power to save me. 

When I got out, the crowds had one message, “He spared your life please make sure you start working in a church, leave your current job and serve the church “ Drunkards and others acknowledged that they had seen a miracle and that I should consider giving my life to Jesus.  I had no energy to explain how I was a Christian and that I was serving the Lord in the capacity He had placed me then. 

They insisted that I go to the hospital and purportedly was supposed to sit in the ambulance with the dead bodies. I refused, and since I had called my husband, he had called my friends in Nairobi who were waiting for me and not even wanting to hear the testimony but keen to rash me to hospital. The doctor did all tests, and I had no single injury. She closed her eyes and prayed for me.

I traveled to Kampala the following day, and to date, I will not forget that day.

I learned this, and I would like to remind myself this month:
  • God speaks, and I only need to listen and allow him to speak. He quickened me to pray and even use my belt.
  • God listens to prayers and answers: when I called Him, He answered me and sent his angels over me to just lift me up. I vividly remember how in desperation, I knew I needed God.
  • God is sovereign and perfect in all his ways: He saved me alone in that entire vehicle, why I don’t know, but all I know is that He is sovereign.
I live my life very aware that I have a second chance and I will only do what God wants me to do, and my answer is YES to him; I love him soo much for not only saving me but for dying for me at the cross. And I will live for him for the rest of my life;, Do help me, God. 





















It leaves me singing "How great though art" and aware that  I am a “God's girl on assignment.” 











Comments

  1. Hi Gil, I gave thanks to God for you. I've need heard this story before but indeed this was a miracle. Stay safe dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. MERCY SAID NO,KEEP PREACHING JESUS AND HIS RESURRECTION POWER

    ReplyDelete

  3. Dear Gil,
    I never heard this story of God's miraculous salvation from the matatu acccident... but I know your life is His and I thank God for His hand on you in that moment, and in your life commitments and mission.
    Admiringly,
    Linda Byler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you could hear it and surely God is good. I praise him..

      Delete
  4. I agree you are God's girl on assignment and I testify to that seeing how God has used you this far even in my own life. Love you girl and stay blessed ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Girl for keeping this discipline of blogging, you have taken be back, i need to resurrect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please go on..this is where I will practice before I become an author...you wait for me on the other side..let's do it..

      Delete
  6. What a testimony!!!
    He is an amazing God!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a miracle God we serve...keep the fire burning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across this last year, read through, then read it again, and i couldn't help but pray. Then i have seen it again today, and found myself reading it, AGAIN, to the letter and to the last paragraph, and i know, as much as i tend to forget of his mercies, i acknowledge there is a living God, and thanks Gathoni for reminding me so. God bless you as you live for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know we always need to be reminded of His faithfulness ,, we forget so often ,, Praise God ohhh

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who is with you Behind the boat? When its mid life is it Crisis time?

Does life really begin at 40?   If So, what does one do in  their first 39 years?  Are they just rehearsing?  What about the midlife crisis?  Does it exist, and if it does, is it only for women, just men, and at what exact age does it happen? Now that it is only a few days before I turn 40 years old, join me as I reflect more on it. Elliott Jacques, who introduced the term mid-life crisis, defines it as to " pause from actively pursuing one's goals and review their achievements, take stock of what they have and have not yet accomplished, at times taking drastic measures to fulfill their dreams." He further argues that critical phases characterize the change of point periods of rapid transitions in individuals' development. What is wrong with pausing, I wonder? My Crisis: behind the boat with storms.  At around 35years, a transition begins to happen to individuals termed as a midlife crisis. He admits that the time will vary, though, among individuals. The cris

LOVE IMMIGRANTS -CROSS-CULTURAL MARRIAGE.

“Am not Right; you are not wrong” we are just different. “Will you marry me?” after prayer and thoughts, my answer is Yes. While we are in Norway, Africa is just ‘one country,’ and Uganda and Kenya are ‘neighboring districts.’ As we leave Europe, we are sure we want to try this, and our song is “No mountain is too high, no valley too low.” On reaching Kenya, Africa's reality as a continent meets me, and Uganda as a neighboring country mile apart hits me. Anyway, we had promised each other that if love can stand the distance, we will go for it. Long-distance Dating I receive a phone call +256, and it's my Boyfriend but guess what, as soon as we talk for a few minutes, it's off. Ohhh, we are calling across networks in different countries; it’s an international call! Oops. Well, MTN had an offer of 99%, but you could only get it at that price from 2.00-4.00 am. So, change of sleeping system everyday date with my Ugandan boyfriend 3.00-4.30 am. We must go to work b