Skip to main content

A SELF GIVING GOD WHO INVITES ME INTO COMMUNION WITH THE TRIUNE GOD.

"Self-Giving as the Inner Life of God.”

By Arthur McGill's

This was an intriguing logical argument from Athanasius for the divinity of Jesus, the Son of God. In his Orations against Arian, one that caught my eye was his response to Arius’ understanding of who Jesus is. Specifically responding to the Arian notion that the Father is one (God) and Jesus is the first one ad the greatest of all created beings. The push for the subordination by Arian denies Son's deity. The son is a creature whom the father had created out of nothing and is only God in the sense that he has been given the dignity of deity. This was very disturbing, yet Athanasius logical respond clarified a lot of my unease, First the fact that the Son must entirely participate in the Father nature in order for the Son to be divine and thus save humanity

 

 Upholding the Father as ineffable, immutable, and unchangeable changes the way I approach him in prayer. This is the sum; if there was ever a time when God had no Son, then he was not always Father. Moreover, if God were not always a Father, then what could one say about a time when God would stop being a trinity?

Athanasius' distinction between divine and human begetting made it very clear for me as I clarify my childhood question of human begetting. My understanding is now that Human beings become fathers and sons temporarily, but the Father produces or becomes a father eternally. 
My view of God affirmed that God’s divinity does not consist in his ability to push things around, to make and impose his will from the security of some remoteness but far than that He sends his own glory into it, and invites and persuades rather than imposing. He gives his life in service to men for their enhancement because within himself is a life of self-giving.  I, therefore, would describe him as a good Father who shares his glory with us.

Each member in the Godhead in some sense indwells the other without diminishing the full personhood of each, this being a demonstration of the giving nature.  Their intrinsic equality and mutual indwelling are very compelling and affirm my faith in God.

God who is self-giving invites me into communion with the Triune God. Indeed, the image of Incarnation getting clear and appreciating that the incarnate Son has not abandoned humanity and He identifies with us.

Emmanuel. 


 Gillian Edube Mwaura 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AKWARD DAUGHTER DAD MEETING AT 25 YEARS.

AWKWARD DAUGHTER DAD FIRST MEETING AT 25" YEARS  The first memory I have of the statement "my Dad" was in Primary 3 when each of us was supposed to say what our father did for a living. I did not know what to say; I knew I had a Dad somewhere but many details. I went home, fired up to find out what happened to my Dad. My mum lovingly and patiently explained that my dad worked in the capital city and he will come to see us if he wants.  I didn't pursue further; after all, it didn't seem very comfortable to discuss this topic.  For some strange reasons, it was vital that he was not dead.  My mum always explained very shallowly about our relationship with our dad and spared us terminologies like Divorce, separation, and so forth. She kept telling us that the most important thing was that we had a Dad who was alive. She made us adopt his name with no apologies. The name still follows me up to now, lol.   She always said that their misunderstanding with Dad sh...

How God Rescued Me: I am surely on Assignment By and With Him.

Blogged 10 years ago!! New pics just!! 12 YEARS AGO NOW SINCE GOD SAVED ME FROM A FATAL ACCIDENT. WATCHED 13 PERISH AS I GOT RESCUED.  I will not forget the faithfulness of the Lord. I will narrate this to generations and generations, and I will praise Him for He is mighty to save. Why do I say that? It's now 12 years this month since this happened. I traveled from Uganda, where I lived, to Kenya to visit my parents and I had a safe trip, and we had a 4 days reunion with my family. I was ready to return back to my husband.  On my way, as always, I visited a couple friends (The Kushites) who, after a long chat, prayed for my trip.   After entering a Taxi/ Matatu (public transportation) 14 Sitter, I found myself interceding and pleading for safety in prayer to God.  There was only one seat left behind, and since I was in a hurry, I agreed to sit behind with two old men. I started looking for a safety belt and was convinced I needed to tighten one. (Mind ...

Education is not preparation for life; Education is the life itself. John Dewey

 EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING                                                             Gillian's short reflection............ Introduction As the name suggests, experiential learning is the process that creates knowledge through the transformation of experience (Kolb, David 1984. 26). Experience plays a critical role in the learning process, which distinguishes it from other learning theories. The term "experience" differentiates experiential learning from cognitive learning theories, emphasizing cognitive over affect, and behavioral learning theories that deny any role for subjective experience in the learning process (Kolb, Richard, Charalambous, 2014, 3). Experiential learning originates in the experiential work of Dewey and Piaget (38).  Kolb goes ahead to use the work of Dewey to substantiate his model. Though he does not...