Skip to main content

STILLNESS IS NOT QUIETNESS OR SILENCE. ITS WHOLENESS FROM INSIDE OUT.

Cont' of REST IN THE STORM- Kirk Byron Jones .


Jesus wakes up and addresses  the storm " Peace Be still" In Greek Jesus was telling the storm to "muzzle itself", to hold its energy inside itself and to bring the turbulence to a place of rest. Amazingly the storm obeyed. Jesus command emphasized the capacity for peace to be observed through an internal holding , or muzzling of energy. The power to affirm a state of calm lies within the storm itself. The storm has the ability to diffuse its own rage. Its within the storms capacity to have peace if it will restrict its own energy , which is raging out of control. 
The storm must believe and execute its potential to calm itself, and hold itself. Implied here is more than a momentary action but continuous action. 


TO GET CALM AND KEEP CALM!!!

Peace is not merely the absence of conflict but the presence of Christ. Its neither something we affirm through our awareness of and commitment to a divinely granted serenity in our world.
Peace is something we experience with Gods help ,through the holding the raging tensions within. Holding peace#
Hurry and overload are not necessarily drawbacks of ministry. 
Chronic fatigue is not is just not the part of the price Christian workers pay for being faithful. 
Jesus makes a demand of me today and all my innermost storms.
 "BE STILL"!!!
it doesn't seem an option for me but a requirement. 
Maher Baba says "  A mind that is fast is sick, A mind that is slow is sound, A Mind that is still is divine."
STILL IS NOT SLOW!!!!
Oh that i might practice pauses in my life. 
The stillness within the stillness is what i seek.  A spiritual stillness that brings solitude which make me meditate a heightened awareness of Gods loving presence not only in prayer but all day. That it would flow. 
That in my prayer  i would leave openings for stillness and silence. 
That i would notice God in my stillness not start scheduling worrying and planning as i stay still. 

 Andrew murry says 
" Take time to separate from all friends and all duties, all cares and all joys: time to be still and quiet  before God. Take time not only to secure stillness from people and the world but from SELF and its energy. Let the word and prayer be very precious; but remember even this may hinder the quiet waiting . The activity of the mind   in studying the word or giving expressions to its thoughts in prayer, the activities of the heart, with its desires and hopes and fears may so engage us that we do not come to the still waiting on the all Glorious One. " 
Stillness as i live this life. 

Are we sometimes afraid that if we stop too long we might hear something , see something and feel something that will overwhelm us? 
spiritual stillness is about daring the silence standing up to it and remaining within it long enough to experience God differently if not more deeper. 

stillness is what i seek. May i receive an outpouring of Gods peace that brings stillness every day. I need this outpouring rain. i need to inhale more than i am exhaling otherwise i will be chronically out of breath spiritually. I want to do the ministry i do with God. Living within a state of exhaustion is not normal for me. God never intended for the gospel of the wholeness to be delivered by messengers who are drowning in brokenness. 

Spiritual stillness is a time to experience wholeness from the inside out; a time to receive the love grace and peace that we offer to others. 

HOW DO I ARRIVE THERE ? 
I live a life characterized by so much doing and happening till this looks impossible? 

Wynton says " If we are ready to listen, it is there to be heard." Willingness to listen to my Lord. When i pray that i would create time for hearing and have fellowship with him.  

Its when my reflections though still rapid, are tampered by analysis then i  constantly get to catch myself analyzing something and then make an effort to STOP....  BE STILL.. Then my stillness will set in. 

 When  there will be a distinct awareness of diminished chatter and analysis . At this point stillness  begins to set in . 

Its beyond silence , "its the final resting place deep within my mind,
beyond quieting the mind, its the place within where i have my thoughts and experiences at still point.  Then i am unified with God and I AM STILL" Dyner Wayne.
Its when it goes with me beyond the prayer time to my whole day of work, parenting, friendships. etc. 

My Uttered faith must come in the surplus of stillness. 







GILLIAN G EDUBE 





Still"
Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God


When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is with you Behind the boat? When its mid life is it Crisis time?

Does life really begin at 40?   If So, what does one do in  their first 39 years?  Are they just rehearsing?  What about the midlife crisis?  Does it exist, and if it does, is it only for women, just men, and at what exact age does it happen? Now that it is only a few days before I turn 40 years old, join me as I reflect more on it. Elliott Jacques, who introduced the term mid-life crisis, defines it as to " pause from actively pursuing one's goals and review their achievements, take stock of what they have and have not yet accomplished, at times taking drastic measures to fulfill their dreams." He further argues that critical phases characterize the change of point periods of rapid transitions in individuals' development. What is wrong with pausing, I wonder? My Crisis: behind the boat with storms.  At around 35years, a transition begins to happen to individuals termed as a midlife crisis. He admits that the time will vary, though, among individuals. The cris

How God Rescued Me: I am surely on Assignment By and With Him.

Blogged 10 years ago!! New pics just!! 12 YEARS AGO NOW SINCE GOD SAVED ME FROM A FATAL ACCIDENT. WATCHED 13 PERISH AS I GOT RESCUED.  I will not forget the faithfulness of the Lord. I will narrate this to generations and generations, and I will praise Him for He is mighty to save. Why do I say that? It's now 12 years this month since this happened. I traveled from Uganda, where I lived, to Kenya to visit my parents and I had a safe trip, and we had a 4 days reunion with my family. I was ready to return back to my husband.  On my way, as always, I visited a couple friends (The Kushites) who, after a long chat, prayed for my trip.   After entering a Taxi/ Matatu (public transportation) 14 Sitter, I found myself interceding and pleading for safety in prayer to God.  There was only one seat left behind, and since I was in a hurry, I agreed to sit behind with two old men. I started looking for a safety belt and was convinced I needed to tighten one. (Mind you, this wasn't a norm th

LOVE IMMIGRANTS -CROSS-CULTURAL MARRIAGE.

“Am not Right; you are not wrong” we are just different. “Will you marry me?” after prayer and thoughts, my answer is Yes. While we are in Norway, Africa is just ‘one country,’ and Uganda and Kenya are ‘neighboring districts.’ As we leave Europe, we are sure we want to try this, and our song is “No mountain is too high, no valley too low.” On reaching Kenya, Africa's reality as a continent meets me, and Uganda as a neighboring country mile apart hits me. Anyway, we had promised each other that if love can stand the distance, we will go for it. Long-distance Dating I receive a phone call +256, and it's my Boyfriend but guess what, as soon as we talk for a few minutes, it's off. Ohhh, we are calling across networks in different countries; it’s an international call! Oops. Well, MTN had an offer of 99%, but you could only get it at that price from 2.00-4.00 am. So, change of sleeping system everyday date with my Ugandan boyfriend 3.00-4.30 am. We must go to work b