Skip to main content

THE PRAYER OF A SHEEP.


BECAUSE HE IS MY SHEPHERD I LACK NOTHING.

 By Gillian 

                          

Anyone ever wondered how devotions for a sheep would look like?
David in Psalms 23 says that "The lord is my shephered". The ame Lord David referred to remains the great shephered as Jesus says in 
John 10:11-18 . Last sunday the pastor preached on psalms 23 
and I cant help reflect it so often. 

This morning in my quiet time, I felt led to pray a prayer of a sheep. As I embarked on the prayer, I noticed that my prayers were different when I view myself as a sheep. 


a) I viewed myself totally in fellowship with the shepherd. Because I belong to his flock, I know his voice, and He knows mine. I don't come as one seeking to be loved, but I belong am loved, and I can talk to my shepherd. He says I lack nothing. He is enough; He is sufficient. As I go about my day, He makes me lie down in green pastures. Leads me beside quiet waters and refreshes my soul. 

b) My emphasis was mostly on issues that arise from the relationship. That I would trust his leading, That I would trust his guidance and believe that He is with me. Trust that He cares about every detail of my life. Being personal in the way He relates with me, my identity is in Him. He doesn't look out for the entire flock, but he has details of sheep Gillian. 

c) Even on bad days when there is danger in the field, He promises to be with me. He doesn't promise that sheep Gillian will not go through danger, but He promises to be present. 'Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 

  d) Luke 15:4-7 Not only does the shepherd has details of Sheep Gillian. He leaves 99 sheep to come to look for me. When He finds me, he nourishes me in His shoulders. He loves and guards me jealously to the extent of carrying me, and I am sure sheep can pee on the shepherd. 



e) He doesn't leave it at that, but He lays down His life for the sheep John 10;11 He knows his flock and will lay his life for them. As a sheep in His flock, I seek to remember his commands and take pleasure in following them from a place of love, not in fear. 

Goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life. 

1st Peter 2:25 He invites anyone willing to join the flock. actually, he says, "you were straying like sheep but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."

Would you shepherd me, Lord? I submit to your Lordship and desire to stay in your flock under the watch of a Great shepherd. 


I AM NOT ONE WITHOUT A SHEPHERD. I HAVE AN OVERSEER OF MY SOUL, AND I LACK NOTHING 





UN FORMATTED THOUGHTS BECAUSE JOURNALS MATTER. IT'S MY STORY!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is with you Behind the boat? When its mid life is it Crisis time?

Does life really begin at 40?   If So, what does one do in  their first 39 years?  Are they just rehearsing?  What about the midlife crisis?  Does it exist, and if it does, is it only for women, just men, and at what exact age does it happen? Now that it is only a few days before I turn 40 years old, join me as I reflect more on it. Elliott Jacques, who introduced the term mid-life crisis, defines it as to " pause from actively pursuing one's goals and review their achievements, take stock of what they have and have not yet accomplished, at times taking drastic measures to fulfill their dreams." He further argues that critical phases characterize the change of point periods of rapid transitions in individuals' development. What is wrong with pausing, I wonder? My Crisis: behind the boat with storms.  At around 35years, a transition begins to happen to individuals termed as a midlife crisis. He admits that the time will vary, though, among individuals. The cris

How God Rescued Me: I am surely on Assignment By and With Him.

Blogged 10 years ago!! New pics just!! 12 YEARS AGO NOW SINCE GOD SAVED ME FROM A FATAL ACCIDENT. WATCHED 13 PERISH AS I GOT RESCUED.  I will not forget the faithfulness of the Lord. I will narrate this to generations and generations, and I will praise Him for He is mighty to save. Why do I say that? It's now 12 years this month since this happened. I traveled from Uganda, where I lived, to Kenya to visit my parents and I had a safe trip, and we had a 4 days reunion with my family. I was ready to return back to my husband.  On my way, as always, I visited a couple friends (The Kushites) who, after a long chat, prayed for my trip.   After entering a Taxi/ Matatu (public transportation) 14 Sitter, I found myself interceding and pleading for safety in prayer to God.  There was only one seat left behind, and since I was in a hurry, I agreed to sit behind with two old men. I started looking for a safety belt and was convinced I needed to tighten one. (Mind you, this wasn't a norm th

LOVE IMMIGRANTS -CROSS-CULTURAL MARRIAGE.

“Am not Right; you are not wrong” we are just different. “Will you marry me?” after prayer and thoughts, my answer is Yes. While we are in Norway, Africa is just ‘one country,’ and Uganda and Kenya are ‘neighboring districts.’ As we leave Europe, we are sure we want to try this, and our song is “No mountain is too high, no valley too low.” On reaching Kenya, Africa's reality as a continent meets me, and Uganda as a neighboring country mile apart hits me. Anyway, we had promised each other that if love can stand the distance, we will go for it. Long-distance Dating I receive a phone call +256, and it's my Boyfriend but guess what, as soon as we talk for a few minutes, it's off. Ohhh, we are calling across networks in different countries; it’s an international call! Oops. Well, MTN had an offer of 99%, but you could only get it at that price from 2.00-4.00 am. So, change of sleeping system everyday date with my Ugandan boyfriend 3.00-4.30 am. We must go to work b